Sunday, October 10, 2010

September 25, 2010 - Akron Marathon Kids Fun Run

Since I wasn't running the Akron Marathon this year, I decided to take Sydney to watch and cheer the participants on - as well as let her take part in the Kids Fun Run!

We woke up very early to get there for the start.  We are waiting for the runners to pass by at the 3 mile mark.. and she is bright eyed and bushy tailed!


Then we made our way to the Kids Fun Run area.. the kids were to run 1K - Sydney longest distance ever of nonstop running...

Sydney checking out the competition...


And getting some last minute rest in - or is it a "full body stretch?"


Distractions before her run!  The Leaf Mascot from the Parks Department!


The Bulldog from the Akron Beacon Journal Newspaper


I think this guy is the Akron Public Schools mascot.  Whoever he was - Sydney wanted a hug!


Fear the Roo!  The Kangaroo - Akron University's mascot.


And lastly, the mascot of the Akron Aeros baseball team.


I couldn't take any pictures of her running - as I was running next to her the whole time - encouraging her not to give up - and she never did!  She (and I) were so proud she ran the entire way!

Post race - admiring her medal and enjoying her apple :)


And as a final reward - some face painting!  A great day for Sydney!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if AJ got his face painted after the marathon?